Dana Levy Hyman, Psy.D.
Licensed Clinical Psychologist
Dana Levy Hyman, Psy.D. has been working with children, adolescents, and their families for over 15 years. She completed her undergraduate psychology degree at the University of Michigan, where she graduated with high honors. Driven by her interest in science and helping others, she earned her doctoral degree from Pace University, with a specialization in School-Clinical Child Psychology. Prior to joining Westchester Child Therapy, Dr. Hyman has served as a faculty psychologist at New York University Child Study Center and also oversaw the clinical program at The Children’s Village residential school.
Throughout her graduate school study, Dr. Hyman focused on psychological assessment, evidence-based therapy and parent and school consultation. She trained in psychiatric emergency rooms, psychiatric inpatient programs, day treatment programs, outpatient settings and medical units at Weill Cornell Medical Center, Sagamore Children’s and Queens Children’s Psychiatric Centers, and BOCES school programs. Dr. Hyman also completed a postdoctoral fellowship at the Long Island Jewish Medical Center focusing on complex diagnostic assessment, consultation-liaison, and evidence-based treatments.
Areas of expertise include:
- Psychological testing and diagnostic evaluation for ADHD, learning issues, autism, and psychological Issues
- Parent and school consultation
- Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (CBT) for anxiety and mood disorders
- Organizational Skills Training (OST) for executive functioning difficulties
- Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT)
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
- Parent-Child Interaction Training (PCIT)
- Social skills training
- Learning disabilities support
- Intervention for Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
Today, Dr. Levy Hyman continues to serve on faculty at the NYU Child Study Center. Additionally, she lectures in Manhattan and Westchester on topics related to psychiatric disorders, parenting, child psychology and education, and is a recurring guest on Sirius-XM Dr. Radio.